- This user-friendly computer, connected with the programming wand, is used to interrogate the Pulse Generator and modify stored stimulation parameters.
- The VNS Therapy Programming Software, in conjunction with the VNS Therapy Computer and the Programming Wand, can store and retrieve telemetry data and revise programmable parameters in the Pulse Generator.
- Allows a physician to place the Programming Wand over the Pulse Generator to read and change device settings.
- Uses the Programming Wand to convert digital output from the VNS Therapy Computer to the radio frequency signal format that is required for communication with the VNS Therapy Pulse Generator, and vice versa.
- Intended for use only with the VNS Therapy System.
- Hand-held device that transmits programming and interrogation information between a VNS Therapy Computer and the VNS Therapy Pulse Generator.
This important Patient Kit should be given to each patient immediately after surgery. It contains:
- Patient Manual
- 2 Magnets
- Magnet Order Form
- Patient Emergency Information Card
- Provide on-demand stimulation that may help abort or lessen the intensity of an oncoming seizure
- Temporarily inhibit stimulation
- Reset the Pulse Generator (in combination with the Programming Wand)
- Test daily the functioning of the Pulse Generator
© Cyberonics, Inc. 2007